3. Buying groceries and meals will continue to respond to creative options for preparation, purchasing, and delivery. This SDA client, The Toss, was forced to close during lockdown, and as they slowly opened back up they added outdoor seating and hired SDA to re-do their website to include online ordering. Talk about making lemonade out of lemons! Today they are open and serving their community, utilizing technology to aid them while keeping their creative menu items and client base a priority.
4. Also in the obvious column is online meeting platforms and work-from-home supports. An interesting extension of these platforms would include online dating apps, teaching platforms, exercise platforms, entertainment streaming, and even remote medical options. If you’re in these industries you will want your website to perform at top level.
5. Electric cars and bikes have seen a huge spike in sales along with gardening hobbyists.
6. Toys! Sales of toys have spiked 16% with a 37% increase in the purchase of puzzles and games.
7. Books! Folks are buying the real deal: the printed, bound kind that you can carry anywhere and pass along once you’re finished.
8. Legal services and cybersecurity have grown as a result of the above increases and supports our tumbledown theory.
Maybe what we’re most curious about is not just how spending habits are morphing, but how work and lifestyle habits will permanently be changed. Don’t you wonder? Will people stay home more? Cook at home more? Slow down and plan less? It was a frantic pace pre-covid. It’s going to take a while to figure all this out, so in the meantime we’ve got solid advice for you.
• Stay focused. Run your business like everyone’s livelihood on your team depends on it (which it does).
• Fix what’s broken. From paperwork to paint, evaluate what’s good and what needs attention.
• Be creative. Look for business opportunities in the trends above.
• Follow the leaders. Start with your industry. What are your successful competitors doing?
• Market your business. We can help you with this one! Check out this Marketing To-Do List we created for you.